Saturday, September 02, 2006

James Blunt

LOVE James Blunt! Is this guy talented or what? Just got his new CD at Tony's friend's music store here in Northport in the village, Vinal Records.. a brand new used one (does that make sense?) for so cheap instead of the usual 20+ bucks from Borders or Tower!

I love that he is SO authentic and real..

I like the popular "You're Beautiful," of course, (prob because I haven't heard it a bazillion times on the radio as everyone else) about seeing his ex-girlfriend on a train one day with her new boyfriend and the look they had between them that will last him a lifetime, as he said.. Amazing, because he said he never thought it would be number 1 on the billboards!

Although I have to say I most like "Goodbye My Lover," even more.. done on piano, (he plays that too!). Man, move over Joni because this song has got to be one of the most emotive, incredibly personal song lyrics I have heard in years! Just blew me away!!!! It gets me! We saw him sing and play it live on TV the other day and he was just so expressive and so soulful... and it was at that moment I felt such incredible respect and admiration for this guy, someone I wasn't at all familiar with. (besides the fact he was being interviewed and he seems like a really down to Earth, funny, cool-kind of guy :)

I also like "So Long Jimmy," which as soon as I heard it I said, I know that HAS to be in reference to Mr. Hendrix, which is was, when I got to the linear notes :)

Still spending time with it...
Maybe I can get Tony to pick out 'You're Beautiful' for me one night :)


















Goodbye My Lover....
Did I disappoint you or let you down?
Should I be feeling guilty or let the judges frown?'
Cause I saw the end before we'd begun,
Yes I saw you were blinded and I knew I had won.
So I took what's mine by eternal right.
Took your soul out into the night.
It may be over but it won't stop there,
I am here for you if you'd only care.
You touched my heart you touched my soul.
You changed my life and all my goals.
And love is blind and that I knew when,
My heart was blinded by you.
I've kissed your lips and held your head.
Shared your dreams and shared your bed.
I know you well,
I know your smell.
I've been addicted to you.

Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.

I am a dreamer but when I wake,
You can't break my spirit -
it's my dreams you take.
And as you move on, remember me,
Remember us and all we used to be
I've seen you cry,
I've seen you smile.
I've watched you sleeping for a while.
I'd be the father of your child.
I'd spend a lifetime with you.
I know your fears and you know mine.
We've had our doubts but now we're fine,
And I love you,
I swear that's true.
I cannot live without you.

Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.

And I still hold your hand in mine.
In mine when I'm asleep.
And I will bear my soul in time,
When I'm kneeling at your feet.

Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.
I'm so hollow, baby,
I'm so hollow.
I'm so, I'm so,
I'm so hollow.....
















Head on over to James Blunt's HOMEPAGE

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

James Blunt is so awesome!

September 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>