Various links :)
Hopefully you can click on the links. If not copy & paste :)
Audio of Charlotte Martin covering Happy:
http://wretchawry.com/happy/rarities/CharlotteMartin_100Years.mp3
Faded it out because the wonky-assed battery in the camcorder died and it abruptly cut off Char going into "Steel." Damn shame too, because it was quite wonderful.
Early Kate Bush & Peter Gabriel video:
Kate Bush & Peter Gabriel - Another Day (1979)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKknfE4wGmM
And lastly, Vickie sent this in to Ecto:
"This is old, I think I made it in late 1991 I think, but I lost it then found it again. It's 22 minutes of me babbling about Happy on my radio show, with clips from the very first show I played, and on to the very last live show, which was a 6 hour marathon that ended with a full hour of Happy's music. I find this, I listen and cringe, then I listen and love it, then I listen and cringe again, then I lose it, then I find it again, then I listen and cringe, then I listen and love it...
I just listened to it, and tears are streaming down my face.Obviously I'm in a loving it stage, so quick, before I cringe and try to accidentally on purpose lose it again, I'm going to share it. It might not mean anything to anyone but me, but it does show something along the lines of why/how I "am" regardingHappy. Be kind to my editing mistakes, because it was all done on cassette.
http://www.wretchawry.com/happy/rarities/SIGKC_HistoryOfHappy.mp3
I do love Happy Rhodes.
Vickie
Audio of Charlotte Martin covering Happy:
http://wretchawry.com/happy/rarities/CharlotteMartin_100Years.mp3
Faded it out because the wonky-assed battery in the camcorder died and it abruptly cut off Char going into "Steel." Damn shame too, because it was quite wonderful.
Early Kate Bush & Peter Gabriel video:
Kate Bush & Peter Gabriel - Another Day (1979)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKknfE4wGmM
And lastly, Vickie sent this in to Ecto:
"This is old, I think I made it in late 1991 I think, but I lost it then found it again. It's 22 minutes of me babbling about Happy on my radio show, with clips from the very first show I played, and on to the very last live show, which was a 6 hour marathon that ended with a full hour of Happy's music. I find this, I listen and cringe, then I listen and love it, then I listen and cringe again, then I lose it, then I find it again, then I listen and cringe, then I listen and love it...
I just listened to it, and tears are streaming down my face.Obviously I'm in a loving it stage, so quick, before I cringe and try to accidentally on purpose lose it again, I'm going to share it. It might not mean anything to anyone but me, but it does show something along the lines of why/how I "am" regardingHappy. Be kind to my editing mistakes, because it was all done on cassette.
http://www.wretchawry.com/happy/rarities/SIGKC_HistoryOfHappy.mp3
I do love Happy Rhodes.
Vickie



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home